FURTHER STUDY AND REFLECTION QUESTIONS
ATTITUDE OF WILLINGNESS: MARK 馬 可 福 音 1:40-42
• Where was Jesus coming from and what kind of day had he had already?
• The Leper, what kind of person was he? How did people feel about him?
• What do you see in Jesus’ attitude of helping the leper, the unclean man?
• Are there people you are not willing to help or find it hard to serve? Why?
PREPAREDNESS IN ALL SITUATIONS: EPHESIANS 以 弗 所 書 6:15
• What does readiness mean to you?
• Currently, what things keep you the busiest in your life?
• Do you feel prepared to serve? Why or why not?
• How can you learn to be ready to serve in big or small ways?
REPLENISH YOUR HEARTS- SELF-CARE: MARK 馬 可 福 音 12:31
• Let God refresh you daily – Mark 馬 可 福 音 1:21-39.
• What did Jesus do to refresh his heart?
• Let others into your life – Proverbs 箴 言 17:17
• Who are the people in your life that you rely on to refresh you?
• Who are you refreshing in your life?
• Do something fun for yourself every week – Mark 馬 可 福 音 6:30-31
• What is some personal fun thing you can do to refresh yourself to have self-care?
Prayer Series: Prayer from a Devoted Heart
- What did Jesus call his disciples?
- What is the difference between a servant and a friend?
- How did God view Moses?
- If you were there sitting on the “next table” from Moses, how would God’s conversation with Moses sound like?
- How was Daniel and God’s relationship like?
- What made it easy for God to be Daniel’s friend?
- From the lesson, what could be some reasons you find it hard to be devoted or close to God? Write them down, get advice and take it to God in prayer to help you overcome.
- How has God been a good friend to you? Take some time to think about this because our mind tends to be attracted to the negatives. Don’t rush it.
- What are some qualities of a good friendship? What are some ways you can be a better friend to God?
- Do something special to commit your friendship with God.
约翰福音15: 14 -15
- 如果你坐在摩西的 “隔壁桌”，神与摩西的对话会是怎样的？
Note: Chinese translation is auto translated (自动转换)
Prayer Bible Study Series: Prayer. Turning points. Significant moments. Impact in our lives.祷告查经系列。祷告。转折点。重要的时刻。对我们生命的影响。(自动翻译)
Prayer Creates Good Turning Points in Our Lives
Further Study and Digging Deeper:
Further Study: Turning points prayers:
- 2 Kings 20 – Hezekiah’s prayer
- Genesis 32:22-32 – Jacob wrestling with God in prayer
- Colossians 4:12 – Epaphras wrestling in prayer
- Imagine each of their situations, how were they feeling? What were they going through?
- How were their prayers, turning point prayers? What did they do?
- What were their turning point(s)?
- Have you had turning point prayers? What were they? Write them down so that you can marvel at God and grow in your faith. Take some time to give thanks to Him.
- From now until the year end, put before God, one turning point prayer.
Of Love and Leadership: Velvet Brick. Lesson on how to be tough and tender in our relationships, communication, and leadership.
Further Questions and Verses for Digging Deeper into this topic:
Velvet Brick: Group Bible Study
Which personalities are you more like? You can have more than one personality type. Explain your choice.
• Invisible man
• Thorn bushes
• Mr. Make everyone happy
In each of these 5 situations, which category are you more like, explain your answer?
• In relationships: Principled / Warm
• In conflicts: Forthright/ Kind and merciful
• In setting directions: Clear rational/ Compassion and patience
• In teaching others: Practical/ Patient
• In priorities: Disciplined/ Flexible
Digging Deeper Into The Word
Read Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-16; and Ephesians 4:25-32
• In each of these verses, identify which part is velvet and which part is brick.
• For each of these verses, how can you make it practical for yourself?
• As you devise these practical steps for yourself, what could be some obstacles, fears, and tension that arises for you?
• How can you overcome these obstacles?
Hi All, Coffee Moments with God on Prayer Series: Prayer can help correct your view of God.
Who is God to you? An incorrect view of God will affect our relationship with Him. Either it will draw us closer and push us away from Him. Prayer can help correct our view of Him. How does that happen?