Of Love and Leadership: Velvet Brick. Lesson on how to be tough and tender in our relationships, communication, and leadership.
Further Questions and Verses for Digging Deeper into this topic:
Velvet Brick: Group Bible Study
Which personalities are you more like? You can have more than one personality type. Explain your choice.
• Invisible man
• Thorn bushes
• Mr. Make everyone happy
In each of these 5 situations, which category are you more like, explain your answer?
• In relationships: Principled / Warm
• In conflicts: Forthright/ Kind and merciful
• In setting directions: Clear rational/ Compassion and patience
• In teaching others: Practical/ Patient
• In priorities: Disciplined/ Flexible
Digging Deeper Into The Word
Read Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-16; and Ephesians 4:25-32
• In each of these verses, identify which part is velvet and which part is brick.
• For each of these verses, how can you make it practical for yourself?
• As you devise these practical steps for yourself, what could be some obstacles, fears, and tension that arises for you?
• How can you overcome these obstacles?