- Philippians 2:1-11 Imitating Jesus
- Philippians 2:19-30 Learning from Timothy and Epaphroditus
- From the lesson what could be your hindrance(s) from giving selfless, sacrificial, extravagant love to others?
- From these two passages in Philippians, what can we learn from Jesus, Timothy, and Epaphroditus? Write down the words or phrases that showed their selfless, sacrificial, extravagant care for others.
- What are one or two decisions you will make this week to offer this type of care and concern? Be specific.
- 腓立比书 2:1-11 效法耶稣
- 腓立比书 2:19-30 向提摩太和以巴弗提图学习
FURTHER STUDY AND REFLECTION QUESTIONS
ATTITUDE OF WILLINGNESS: MARK 馬 可 福 音 1:40-42
• Where was Jesus coming from and what kind of day had he had already?
• The Leper, what kind of person was he? How did people feel about him?
• What do you see in Jesus’ attitude of helping the leper, the unclean man?
• Are there people you are not willing to help or find it hard to serve? Why?
PREPAREDNESS IN ALL SITUATIONS: EPHESIANS 以 弗 所 書 6:15
• What does readiness mean to you?
• Currently, what things keep you the busiest in your life?
• Do you feel prepared to serve? Why or why not?
• How can you learn to be ready to serve in big or small ways?
REPLENISH YOUR HEARTS- SELF-CARE: MARK 馬 可 福 音 12:31
• Let God refresh you daily – Mark 馬 可 福 音 1:21-39.
• What did Jesus do to refresh his heart?
• Let others into your life – Proverbs 箴 言 17:17
• Who are the people in your life that you rely on to refresh you?
• Who are you refreshing in your life?
• Do something fun for yourself every week – Mark 馬 可 福 音 6:30-31
• What is some personal fun thing you can do to refresh yourself to have self-care?
Of Love and Leadership: Velvet Brick. Lesson on how to be tough and tender in our relationships, communication, and leadership.
Further Questions and Verses for Digging Deeper into this topic:
Velvet Brick: Group Bible Study
Which personalities are you more like? You can have more than one personality type. Explain your choice.
• Invisible man
• Thorn bushes
• Mr. Make everyone happy
In each of these 5 situations, which category are you more like, explain your answer?
• In relationships: Principled / Warm
• In conflicts: Forthright/ Kind and merciful
• In setting directions: Clear rational/ Compassion and patience
• In teaching others: Practical/ Patient
• In priorities: Disciplined/ Flexible
Digging Deeper Into The Word
Read Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-16; and Ephesians 4:25-32
• In each of these verses, identify which part is velvet and which part is brick.
• For each of these verses, how can you make it practical for yourself?
• As you devise these practical steps for yourself, what could be some obstacles, fears, and tension that arises for you?
• How can you overcome these obstacles?