Our guest speaker, Mr. Richard Cheong, family life consultant, delivered the parenting workshop “Five Love Languages for Parenting.” Teaching us on how to love our children according to their own emotional love need.
- Words of Affirmation
- Acts of Service
- Quality Time
To view photos, please click on the fb icon on the top right corner of the collage
June school holidays. Our youth gathered together for a fun youth retreat. The theme was “Developing Healthy Self-Esteem.” We had games, activities, lessons, and food. Our youth had lots of fun learning to be proud of themselves.
To view photos, click on the fb icon on the top right corner of the collage.
A short video of our Young Singles and Campus Ministry Praise and Worship Service. It was a full success impacting the Johor Baru community. Throughly God was praised through these young people. Hearts were cheered up.
2 Corinthians 1:20 For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God.
Have you ever wondered what it means to be “In Him”? You have heard in church sermons and teachings that there are incomparable great rewards of being in Him. “If you only believe, the flood of the glorious riches from the Lord will gush out to you,” the preacher exhorts. And you thought to yourself, “What are these glorious riches of being in Him? I want to experience it.” Amazingly apostle Paul, through the insights from the Holy Spirit, understood our need. As he penned the book of Ephesians, he focused much on the power and great riches of being in Christ. Below is a short list of verses about the glorious riches of Christ’s promises to us from this powerful book of the Bible:
- In Him – we are chosen to be holy and blameless in His sight.
1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight.
- In Him – we have redemption and forgiveness of sins.
1:7-8 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding
- In Him – we are chosen to be His.
1:11-12 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory.
- In Him – we are marked with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit.
1:13-14 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession–to the praise of his glory.
- In Him – we receive power, the incomparable great power of the resurrection.
1:18-20 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms,
- In Him – we become the body of Christ, the holy temple in the Lord.
2:21-22 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
- In Him – we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
3:12 In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
- In Him – we will do immeasurably more
3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
- In Him – we are taught the truth.
4:21 Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.
17 April 2018
Our Young Singles and Campus Ministry Praise and Worship Service.
The Path Ahead. As young people, many are searching but few are finding. What is my direction? What is my path ahead? I want to be… With God, He will guide us into our desire for our path ahead. With Him, it is always, “I have found it, my path ahead.”
Note: To view photos, click on the fb icon on the top right hand corner of the photo box.
A good relationship is not based on “chemistry” or infatuation or “feeling good”. Rather it is based on love put into actions. Here are three keys to a good relationship:
- Learn to meet the other person’s core emotional needs according to the way the other person needs it, and not according to how we think the other person’s needs should be met. Acts 20:35 says it is more blessed to give than to receive.
- Resolve all conflicts with gentleness, calmness, and love even when it is hard and painful. Anger adds on a secondary fuel to further ignite the pain of the conflict. Resolve them quickly by learning to speak the truth in love with kindness. Unresolved conflicts leave roots of bitterness, which becomes the seed of falling out of love. Ephesians 4:25-27 shows us a clue to Satan’s sword, which is bitterness. Bitterness is the tool that Satan uses to slowly poison our hearts with hidden hurts that eventually destroy loving relationships.
- Deal with our own sins, schemas, fears, and guilt, which hinders us from the willingness to give love by meeting the other core emotional needs, and to resolve conflicts and hurts in our hearts. Avoidance to repent of our own issues is the all too easy way to escape from temporary pain. This avoidance, however, leads to regrets which doubles up our pain in the long run. Romans 7:14-25 says that it is so hard for us to be willing to change even when we want to. Only through Christ and obeying His words can we be truly free from this bondage of sin and shame.
Come celebrate Good Friday and Easter with us. Learn about “The power of the cross” and see how it changes lives.
Chinese New Year is a time for family, food, and fun. Our church had our very own gathering. The atmosphere was full of joy and love. Truly, we want to be a church that loves one another.
Please click on fb icon on top right to view photos.